Friday, March 4, 2011

Seattle, here I come!

Woohoo! Yeah! I get to go up to Seattle today! It's only for tonight and tomorrow, but still! I get to go up to Seattle. My Best Friend (who's a really great fencer by the way) has a tournament up there tonight, and after listening to all the crap I've gotten myself into recently, she invited me to go along so I could get a mini-vacation.
So, now that you know where I'm going to be in about twelve hours, here's a tidbit of literary genius. (Not really)
Johann was not proud of what he was doing. He was stooping down to a level that he never thought he'd reach. He also had never thought that he might feel this much emotion, so he supposed it all balanced out somehow.
Focusing on the task at had, he carefully, slowly untied the rope binding the magnificent horse to the tree. His soon-to-be-ex companion was rather proud of the fact that he had managed to tame the animal, but he'd never gotten the horse's true loyalty. So when Johann gave him the chance, the beast bolted, running off into the night, the only sound he made being the pounding of his hooves on the grass. All through this, Niel remained asleep. Petty act through, Johann took up his pack, and left Niel alone in the woods, without a companion, without a horse, and once he woke, without hope. Johann's only justification for the act was that Niel deserved it. He was the one who was leading them astray. He was the one loyal to the dark queen. Johann's acts were petty, yes, but completely justified. He hoped.

No comments:

Post a Comment