Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Pointing Fingers

Ideally, there is a point to everything. You don't say something unless there is a point to it. You don't do something unless there is a point to it. You don't use a pencil unless there is a point to it. Well, my problem is that too many things I do are unfortunately, pointless. Like reading fanfiction. Sure, it amuses me for however long it takes me to read it, but beyond that, I spend hours and hours doing pretty much nothing, when I could be improving myself in various ways. Though to be fair I've learned quite a few new words through reading fanfiction. Like Euphonious. If you don't know what that means, look it up. Also, I just realized that I should probably step up my word-count now. I've been at this two weeks, and while it barely takes anything to write the required hundred, it takes me quite a bit to reach two hundred. But the whole point is the challenge myself, and how can I do that if I just coast by on a measly hundred words? So, my posts will now be doubled in their requirement, and through this doubling, I will become a great writer! Not really, but I like to fool myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment