Sunday, February 20, 2011

Queens and Kings

On to the second post of today! What should I talk about... hmm... Oh! I can talk about my favorite books! It's a four-part series by Megan Whalen Turner, all about a man named Eugenides that lives in a Grecian-type world. The first book is The Thief, and it's how we get to know him. The second one is the Queen of Attolia, and it's how we get to know his (* spoiler alert*) future wife. The third one is the King of Attolia, and it's all about him finding his place in the court of Attolia. The fourth one actually switches focus from Eugenides to Sounis. I've only read the fourth one once or twice (compared to the dozen times I've must have read the other three), but it's just as excellent as it's predecessors. My favorite for certain is the King. I don't completely know why. I think it's because it shows better than the others the romance between Eugenides and Attolia. I like romance. That's mostly because I'm a girl I think. I'd probably be more into the battle scenes if I were a guy, but I'm not. I want to be though. Being a girl sucks.

2 comments:

  1. I don't know that I've read the 4th one. Do you own it? I wish to borrow it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I don't own it, which explains how I've only read it twice.

    ReplyDelete